Anaheim, California, USA
Wine Tasting Extraordinaire
Sample wine from 85 small lot wineries from all over California at one classy location. Represented are wineries from all major wine regions, such as:
• Flying Goat of Santa Rita Hills
• LAventura of Paso Robles
• Riverbench Vineyard & Winery of Santa Maria
• Simoncini Vineyards of Healdburg
• Starlite Vineyards of Geyserville
• Occidental Road Cellars of Sonoma Coast
• Cabana Wines of Sierra Foothills
• The De Portola Wine Road Wineries of Temecula.
Signups are coming in daily so see our website for the list of wineries attending at http://www.wineextra.org/WineExtra2013Wineries.html. Many of these wineries are new ventures, or they are wineries who have been around for a while but stay as small lot producers. This is truly one of the most fabulous, classy wine tastings given in California.
New this year is a phone app for Android and iPhone. This app helps you take notes of your experience during the event and rank your findings. A results list is produced within the app by order of the rank, where your comments can be tweeted or you can browse the website of the winery, restaurant or vendor. To download, find on your app store by a search of 2013 Wine Extraordinaire.
Its not just a wine tasting venue. For one price get wine tasting, and also food tastes from restaurants all around Orange County area so they can introduce themselves to you. Here is a list of a few that are attending:
• Melting Pot from Irvine and Brea
• Quinns Old Town Grill and Pizzelles Bistro from Tustin
• Dougs Downtown Grill from Fullerton
• Bistrot Massilia of Yorba Linda
• Papa Murphys Pizza of San Clemente
• Macoroni Grill from Huntington Beach
To make the event even more fun, wine related vendors are showcasing their goods. Some offering tastes of olives, dipping oils and vinegars. Browse wine artwork while sipping on your tastes of California wine. Sway to the sounds of dual acoustic guitars.
This afternoon features:
• over 85 small lot producers of 35,000 cases or less. Many produce only a couple hundred cases.
• delectable tastes from many local restaurants
• exciting raffle and silent auction prizes
• a souvenir Riedel wine glass for tasting
• offering wine related items or other fine selections from local vendors
• rank and take notes of your event experience on a free mobile app
Held by the Orange County Wine Societys (OCWS), as its primary fundraiser event of the year. The OCWS is a non-profit educational organization promoting wine appreciation. We hold this event each year for two important reasons: 1) to present these low production California wineries to the public, and 2) to help raise funds for our scholarship program. OCWS presents numerous scholarships to winemaking and culinary programs at seven California colleges and universities.
Ticket Information: Online at WineExtra.org or call (714) 708-1636.
Now through Friday, April 12
2:00 pm - 5:00 pmAdmission & Parking
$50 attendee, $25 designated driver, $60 at the doorWebsitehttp://wineextra.orgInfophone