Excelsior Christkindlsmarkt 2013
Excelsior, Minnesota, USA
Three-day outdoor German holiday market, held Friday through Sunday, November 29-December 1, in the lively and always lovely village of Excelsior, Minnesota. Singers, dancers, reindeer and prancers, Santa, a beer garden, bratwurst, savory strudel and sweets.
• There is absolutely nothing else like it in Minneapolis-St. Paul. Our Christkindlsmarkt is modeled after the traditional holiday open-air markets of Germany, and influenced by the wildly popular German American Christmas market in Chicago.
• The event is open and free to the public. An estimated 7,000+ people will attend over the course of three days.
• Children, parents and grandparents love this special experience in an outdoor market filled with delicious scents, treats, gifts and music. Children of all ages flock to see Santa’s feisty reindeer, and everyone has a grand time visiting the gentle, fluffy alpacas.
• Dressed in maroon and white fur robe, Santa Claus leads a festive parade through the village, replete with horse-drawn buggy, carolers, elves, angels, a town crier and the Spielmannszug Royal Court.
• Activities throughout the three days include a Children’s Lighted Lantern Parade in which 300+ children participate, rides with Santa on the NorthPole Trolley, a children’s puppet corner, roving musicians, carolers, German Family music group, German Dance Group, and more.
• Artisans and food vendors who specialize in the art, crafts and tastes of Germany add to the festive atmosphere.
• Our local Boy Scout Troop will be selling Christmas wreaths, swags, and garlands.
• The Excelsior Brewing Co.’s gated beer garden will be adjacent to the market this year.
• Volunteers are local residents friendly, well-trained and enthusiastic.
• Excelsior’s retail and business communities embrace this unique event that offers an exclusive holiday shopping experience.Performers
Local choirs and bands,Flemming Fold Family Group.Venue
Take Hwy 7 West from Interstate 494 to Excelsior. Turn onto Water Street. Festival is located on East Drive and 3rd. St. just off Water Street - the main street of Excelsior.Times
Fri, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm; Sat, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm; Sun, 11:00 am - 4:00 pmAdmission & Parking