Start: Friday, April 26, 2024 5:00PM
End: Sunday, April 28, 2024 3:30PM
Back and bigger than ever! A FREE three-day extravaganza of plant show and plant sale April 26th, 27th and 28th at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds. Bring a friend and a box! Spectacular plants on display will compete for your votes, while 10,000 square feet of a wide variety of cacti and succulents from world class vendors, along with handcrafted pottery and assorted accessories, will be up for sale.
• Exceptional plants on display for our plant show.
• Rarities. 30+ Plant vendors selling unusual and rare species of succulents and cacti you can't buy in stores.
• Expanded hand-made pottery selection. Craftspeople whose work you've admired at previous sales will be joined by new vendors.
• Expert growing advice. The vendors who raised the plants from seeds and pups will be there to answer your questions and provide suggestions.
• Plant Hotel. Save your arms, and drop your full boxes off with us until you're ready to check out.
• Free Parking! Enter through Gate C and park free of charge.
• A worthy cause. Proceeds support the Cactus and Succulent Society of San Jose's monthly programs and further our mission of community, education, conservation, and propagation.
The Show and Sale will take place in the Fiesta Hall of the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, just off of Old Tully Road, southeast of downtown San Jose: 344 Tully Road, San Jose, CA 95111. More information can be found at the dedicated Show and Sale webpage: https://csssj.org/2023/fall-show-and-sale/
The Show and Sale is FREE, and will be open to the public during the following days and times:
April 26th: 5PM -7PM PST
April 27th: 10AM – 5PM PST
April 28th: 9AM – 3:30PM PST
• Saturday mornings tend to be extremely busy! If If you don't like crowds, you might want to wait until after 2 PM, or Sunday.
• The doors will not open early.
• Bring your own boxes - while we will have some on-site, bringing your own will spare you from having to hunt for the one that's "just right".
• You may want to take advantage of our Plant Hotel to hold your plants while you continue shopping. Be sure to hang on to your claim check, so you can retrieve your plants. For more details on the Plant Hotel, see the Plant Hotel FAQ.
• Pets, in particular dogs, are not allowed. (Sorry. It's not that we don't love them. It's just that it's safer for everyone if they stay home, and in any case, fairgrounds rules forbid it.)
• To make shopping safer and more pleasant, the aisles will be wider than in pre-pandemic days.
• The wider aisles notwithstanding, while you're welcome to bring your cart to help transport all of your purchases, please keep said cart out of the aisles themselves.
• For faster checkout, please plan to pay by debit or credit card. Our systems support contactless payment, including Apple Pay and Google Pay. Unfortunately, we are unable to take checks. Cash is acceptable.
• You can sign up for CSSSJ membership at the Show and Sale, as well as online. Please note, however, that we will not be taking membership signups at the door during early access.
The Cactus and Succulent Society of San Jose (CSSSJ) is a diverse group of people with a mutual interest in and fascination for cacti and other succulent plants. Meeting monthly since 1960, the CSSSJ's mission is to support a diverse community of gardeners, provide education, promote conservation, and support ethical propagation of succulents and cacti.
Category: Community | Gardening / Horticultural