Festival Details - "Cornbury Music Festival : Bryan Adams"...
Q: If we book tickets in advance, can they be collected on the day?
A: Yes, but you may have to queue.
Q: Can my tickets be refunded if I am unable to attend on the day?
A: Tickets are non-refundable, non-returnable, and non-transferable. If having bought tickets you find you are unable to attend, you can return them to us, and if the festival is sold out, we will attempt to resell your tickets. If we are successful, we will refund your purchase at face value. The non-transferable rule is in place to help us stamp out organised touting.
Q: Do we still need to order a ticket for our children aged 2 and under even though they’re free of charge?
A: Children aged 2 and under are free of charge and do NOT need tickets, but must be ‘wrist-banded’ on arrival at the Festival. Proof of age may be requested.
Q: When will the tickets be sent out?
A: We aim to start sending tickets out in mid-June.
Q: Will we be able to purchase tickets on the gate?
A: That depends if there are any tickets available. If there are, they will be sold at the main box office on site. Please see the ‘Tickets’ page for more information.
PARKING AND GETTING TO THE FESTIVAL
PARKING PASSES (NEW FOR 2021) – all vehicles parking at the festival will require a parking pass, at a cost of £12.50 per vehicle. ** This EXCLUDES campervans which require their own dedicated Campervan Permit**
PARKING & GETTING TO THE FESTIVAL FAQs:
Q. Can I buy a parking pass when I arrive at the festival?
A. A limited number of Parking Passes will be available to purchase on arrival at the festival, at a cost of £25 each. However, we cannot guarantee availability. It is therefore strongly advised that you purchase your Parking Pass (as set out above) in advance of the festival.
Please make sure your Parking Pass is displayed in the front of your vehicle upon arrival at the festival.
Q: Will there be signposts from the station and main roads?
A: Yes, there will be signs from main roads and from nearby towns. For full directions and travel details please go to our Getting There section
Q: Will there be extra security this year?
A: We’ve undertaken a full review of our security measures at Cornbury Festival. Public safety remains the top priority for us and additional security will be in place over the weekend. Please expect increased bag searches and security in the car parks and at the gates. We ask for the patience and cooperation of anyone coming to the event on the weekend and that they allow extra time to pass through security.
TIMINGS FOR 2021 ARE LIKELY TO BE AS FOLLOWS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
CAMPSITE: OPEN FROM THURSDAY 8TH JULY AT 2PM UNTIL MONDAY 12TH JULY AT MIDDAY (CUSTOMERS MAY ARRIVE AND LEAVE ON WHICHEVER DAY THEY CHOOSE)
ARENA: OPEN AT 9AM ON FRIDAY 9TH, SATURDAY 10TH AND SUNDAY 11TH JULY
MUSIC: WILL START ON THE MAIN STAGE AT APPROXIMATELY MIDDAY EACH DAY, AND EARLIER ON OTHER STAGES. THE MUSIC WILL END AT AROUND 11PM ON ALL 3 DAYS
MORE INFORMATION REGARDING RUNNING ORDER AND TIMINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN DUE COURSE.
THIS IS THE MAIN CAMPSITE THAT THE MAJORITY OF CORNBURY MUSIC FESTIVAL GOERS CHOOSE TO CAMP IN. THIS IS A TENTED CAMPSITE (NO LIVE-IN VEHICLES), SET IN STUNNING SURROUNDINGS COMPLETE WITH SHOWERS, TOILETS, CATERING AND NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT. CUSTOMERS NEED TO PURCHASE A ‘WEEKEND WITH CAMPING’ TICKET
THE QUIETER CAMPING FIELD IS GENERALLY USED BY THOSE WHO HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN OR WOULD RATHER NOT BE DISTURBED BY THE NIGHTLY CAMPSITE ENTERTAINMENT. THIS IS A TENTED CAMPSITE (NO LIVE-IN VEHICLES). SET IN STUNNING SURROUNDINGS COMPLETE WITH SHOWERS AND TOILETS. QUIETER CAMPING CUSTOMERS HAVE ACCESS TO THE MAIN CAMPSITE (FOR NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT AND CATERING). CUSTOMERS NEED TO PURCHASE A ‘WEEKEND WITH QUIETER CAMPING’ TICKET
CAMPERVANS, CARAVANS & TRAILER CAMPING
ALL CAMPERVANS, CARAVANS AND TRAILER TENTS ARE PARKED TOGETHER IN THE CAMPERVAN CAMPSITE. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PARK YOUR VEHICLE PLUS PUT UP AN AWNING AND/OR PITCH A SMALL 2 PERSON TENT.
CUSTOMERS WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A PARKING PASS FOR THEIR CAMPERVAN OR THE CAR THAT PULLS THEIR CARAVAN OR TRAILER TENT. ONLY ADDITIONAL VEHICLES IN THEIR PARTY WILL REQUIRE A PARKING PASS.
IMPORTANT NOTES RE CAMPERVANS:
- A CAMPERVAN VEHICLE MUST BE A PURPOSE DESIGNED AND CONSTRUCTED UNIT WITH FITTED SLEEPING AND EITHER WASHING OR COOKING FACILITIES ON BOARD. THIS CAN INCLUDE AN RV, CARAVAN, MOTORHOME, WINNEBAGO, HORSEBOX OR TRAILER TENT (A TRAILER TENT MUST BE MADE BY A MANUFACTURER AND MUST NOT BE A MODIFIED TRAILER WITH A TENT ATTACHED TO IT).
- STEWARDS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISALLOW VEHICLES THAT THEY THINK MIGHT BE INAPPROPRIATE FOR THE CAMPERVAN SITE INCLUDING UNCONVERTED VANS, ESTATE CARS ETC. ANY VEHICLE THAT IS NOT DEEMED SUITABLE FOR THE CAMPERVAN SITE WILL BE ASKED TO PARK IN ONE OF THE FESTIVAL CAR PARKS.
- THE FESTIVAL DOES NOT PERMIT SLEEPING IN THE CAR PARKS OVERNIGHT AND ALTERNATIVE SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS WILL NEED TO BE SOUGHT SHOULD A CUSTOMER BE ASKED TO MOVE A VEHICLE TO A FESTIVAL CAR PARK
- THE FESTIVAL OPERATES A STRICT FIRE RISK MANAGEMENT POLICY AND EACH CAMPERVAN PITCH WILL BE INSPECTED BY OUR STEWARDS AND FIRE MARSHALLS TO ENSURE IT REMAINS WITHIN THE ALLOTTED SPACE, AND COMPLIES WITH SAFETY STANDARDS
- WE DO NOT PROVIDE ELECTRICAL HOOK-UPS FOR CAMPERVANS
- CUSTOMERS NEED TO PURCHASE A ‘WEEKEND WITH CAMPING’ TICKET FOR EACH PERSON CAMPING IN THE CAMPERVAN SITE, ALONG WITH A CAMPERVAN PERMIT FOR THE CAMPERVAN OR CAR THAT PULLS THE CARAVAN OR TRAILER TENT.
THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF CAMPERVAN PERMIT DEPENDENT ON THE SIZE OF VEHICLE:
1. REGULAR CAMPERVAN PERMIT
VEHICLES UP TO 7.5M IN LENGTH
THESE SHOULD BE PURCHASED AT THE SAME TIME AS PURCHASING ‘WEEKEND WITH CAMPING’ TICKETS
2. OVERSIZED CAMPERVAN PERMIT
VEHICLES OVER 7.5M AND LESS THAN 10M MAXIMUM IN LENGTH
THESE MUST BE PURCHASED DIRECTLY THROUGH THE CORNBURY FESTIVAL OFFICE BY EMAILING MAIL@CORNBURYFESTIVAL.COM
THERE ARE A VERY LIMITED AMOUNT OF OVERSIZED CAMPERVAN PERMITS AVAILABLE SO EARLY BOOKING IS ADVISED.
‘WEEKEND WITH CAMPING’ TICKETS SHOULD BE PURCHASED IN THE USUAL WAY
**ALL CAMPERVAN PERMITS WILL BE SENT SEPARATELY FROM FESTIVAL TICKETS, VIA POST, IN JUNE**
CAMPSITE RULES AND INFORMATION
- CAMPERVAN PITCHES – ALL PITCHES ARE ALLOCATED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS. CAMPERVAN PITCHES CANNOT BE SAVED/RESERVED.
- FACILITIES – TOILETS AND SHOWERS ARE PROVIDED WITHIN THE CAMPERVAN SITE AND ALSO DISPOSAL FACILITIES FOR ELSEN TANKS
- OPEN FIRES – NOT PERMITTED
- GENERATORS – NOT PERMITTED
- GAS BOTTLES – CUSTOMERS MUST ONLY BRING SUFFICIENT GAS FOR THEM, IN THE FITTED CYLINDERS ON THE VEHICLE. NO SPARE BOTTLES SHOULD BE BROUGHT ONTO SITE (EXCEPT THOSE IN PURPOSE DESIGNED CARRIERS IN GAS LOCKERS)
- CAMPING STOVES – NOT TO BE USED IN OR NEAR TENTS
- EMPTY GAS CANISTERS – NOT TO BE PUT IN WITH GENERAL RUBBISH
- IN THE EVENT OF ANY KIND OF LEAK OR FIRE INVOLVING A STOVE OR GAS, THE AREA SHOULD BE EVACUATED AND THE SITE FIRE SERVICE SHOULD BE CALLED IMMEDIATELY
- ELECTRICS – NO ELECTRICAL HOOK-UP AVAILABLE ON SITE
- NOISE – NO SOUND SYSTEMS WILL BE PERMITTED ON SITE
- TREES – BRANCHES MAY BE UNSTABLE AND AT RISK OF FALLING. TREES MUST NOT BE CLIMBED, AND CUSTIMERS MUST NOT CAMP OR SIT UNDERNEATH THEM
PERSONAL ASSISTANTS GO FREE
- BEAUTIFUL, SPACIOUS TENT IN THE MAIN ARENA
- COMFY SOFAS, TABLES AND CHAIRS
- VIEWS OF THE MAIN STAGE FROM THE OUTSIDE VIP GRASS TERRACE
- COMPLIMENTARY NEWSPAPERS
- SMART LOOS
- VIP BAR AND DEDICATED CAFFE NERO OUTLET
- VIP CAR PARK FOR DAY & WEEKEND CUSTOMERS (IE. NOT WEEKEND
- WITH CAMPING, AS REGULAR PARKING IS CLOSE TO CAMPSITE)
- CHILDREN OF ALL AGES WELCOME
- MOBILE PHONE CHARGING AT VIP DESK
- THE CORNBURY KIDS ZONE OFFERS LOTS OF WORKSHOPS, ACTIVITIES AND SHOWS TO KEEP CHILDREN OF ALL AGES ENTERTAINED THROUGHOUT THE WEEKEND.
- THE KIDS ZONE IS AN ENTIRELY FREE OFFERING
- SUPERVISED ACTIVITIES WHERE CHILDREN CAN EXPERIENCE ART, MUSIC AND DRAMA
FOOD AND DRINK
- PLENTY OF FOOD OUTLETS AND BARS TO CHOOSE FROM
- SEVERAL FOOD OUTLETS CAN CATER FOR SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
- PICNICS NOT PERMITTED IN THE ARENA
- NO ALCOHOL TO BE BROUGHT INTO THE ARENA
- BABY FOOD MAY BE BROUGHT INTO THE ARENA (NO GLASS CONTAINERS)
9TH DECEMBER 2020: BRYAN ADAMS ANNOUNCED TO HEADLINE FRIDAY 9TH JULY. THE REST OF THE LINE-UP WILL BE ANNOUNCED EARLY IN 2021
Q: What bands are playing this year?
A: There are 2 stages planned at Cornbury this year including the Pleasant Valley Stage & Songbird Stage. Information on stages and line-ups are coming soon - we like to keep things fresh! For music and line-up information check our our News and Music sections
Q: How long will each artist be performing for?
A: The length of each set will vary. Some will be as long as 90 minutes, others will be an hour or 75 minutes.
Q: Can I bring a picnic?
A: Yes, but it must be consumed outside the arena – close to the car park so it’s not too far to carry your hampers! However the food on offer from the festival’s traders is diverse and of the highest quality. There should be something on offer for everyone, and you haven’t experienced the festival without trying some of the cuisine on offer!
Picnics are NOT allowed into the arena. Our stewards and security have been instructed to stop anything resembling a cooler box / picnic basket, even bag of food/drink into the arena – please do not attempt to get into the arena with these things. You will be asked to dispose of your picnics at the gate, or return with them to the car.
No glass bottles, cans, containers, alcohol, food or large furniture may be brought into the arena. Any items found will be confiscated. Water and non-alcoholic drinks in metal or refillable bottles, up to 500ml are permitted. Small amounts of food for babies or customers with specific dietary requirements may be brought in but this will be at the stewards’ discretion.
Q: Can I bring alcohol into the arena?
A: NO. Only plastic 500ml bottles containing water or soft drinks will be allowed into the arena. Absolutely no glass.
Q: I will be bringing my baby to Cornbury and the food on offer will not be suitable, what do I do?
A: Baby food will be allowed into the arena, just please make sure it is in non-glass containers.
Q: Will there be any covered areas if it rains?
A: There are a number of covered areas – the bars, the tea tent, the massage area, the VIP area etc etc.
Q: Can I bring my dog to Cornbury?
A: Unfortunately dogs are not allowed anywhere on site apart from assistance/ guide dogs. This is a condition of our Public Entertainment Licence.
Q: Will I be able to re-enter the site if I leave during the day?
A: We hope you won’t want to, and we try to ensure you won’t need to. However, everyone entering the site will be issued with a wrist band and they will need to show this if they wish to leave and re-enter the site at any time.
Q: Will there be seating?
A: The festival is all standing and it is not possible to book seats, or to bring any kind of bulky furniture into the arena.
Q: Can we take our own chairs?
A: Cornbury isn’t a ‘picnic show’ and people tend to stand to watch the acts on the main stage. Due to high numbers on site and extra security, we encourage people not to bring chairs into the main arena as it can be a safety problem and resticts your view and that of those around you. However, you may bring a rug or shooting-sticks so you needn’t be on your feet all day.
Please note: Anything that is deemed too ‘bulky’ will not be allowed into the arena so please consider this before packing (our lovely stewards and security team will ask you to return these items to your cars or campsites). Various bars and catering areas will have some seating available.
Q: Can we bring a wind break or sun tent into the arena?
A: NO. Sorry, they are a huge risk to your and other festival goers’ safety. In an emergency we would need to evacuate the arena as quickly and as safely as possible. Clambering over tents, wind breaks etc would hinder a fast exit and therefore put lives at risk.
If you are concerned about protecting yourself or your children from the sun (should we be lucky enough to get some!) please make sure you bring plenty of sun cream and hats. Please consider this before packing as our lovely stewards and security team will ask you to return these items to your cars or campsites.
Q: Is there a central meeting point?
A: There is an information point at the Festival which you can use as a meeting point. You can also leave messages there for other festival-goers.
Q: Will there be ATMs at the festival?
A: Yes, we have cash points in the main arena and also on the campsite
Q: Is there phone charging available on site?
A: You will be able to charge your phone at the Charge and Store truck located in the arena next to the campsite entrance.
Q: Are there lockers on site?
A: A storage facility will be available on site – more information to come