It's the annual event to celebrate the "unscrubbed" community founder of Fairhaven, Dirty Dan Harris! There will be loads of fun to be had all day!
Plan to enjoy...
- live music from Ryan Sandholm
- great food, the Bellingham Steampunk Society information booth, face painting, non profit, street and service vendors
- family-fun activities such as a Peoples Bank fish toss (12:30 pm) for adults and kids, a Rocket Donuts donut eating contest (3:30 pm)and the legendary Dirty Dan look-a-like & 1800's dress contests (4:30 pm)
- Sign ups for the fish toss and donut contests are in the morning on a first come basis.
- Period costumes are encouraged whether you take part in the contest or not; dogs are welcome to this event--especially those dressed for the occasion (but no contest will be held for them, sorry!) Anyone in costume is welcome to enter the costume contest.
- the Dan Harris Challenge Rowing Race at nearby Boulevard Park (10am)--for rowers and paddlers of all types, inspired by Dan Harris's cross-border rum-rowing adventures
- the always exciting high-noon uphill piano race between teams from area businesses - don't be late as sometimes the race happens before noon.
- the "Dirty Dan Sidewalk Saloon" - serving beer and wine to 21+ from noon - 5pm
- information and historical insight from the strolling Fairhaven Ladies of the Evening, Dirty Dan Harris and others
- the Chuckanut Chili Cook-Off (1:30-3:30): tickets (on sale at 1pm) will cover a taste of each recipe on hand (prepared and served up by area restaurants), plus a full bowl of your favorite, with a piece of Great Harvest bread alongside; tickets also allow for an opportunity to vote in the People’s Choice contest so don't forget to give your ticket to your favorite restaurant! Thank you to WECU for manning ticket booths and helping with the contest. And also to Sustainable Connections and the chef's collaborative for judging.
- live feed by media sponsors KAFE 104.1