The Downtown Jasper, IN 2020 Turkey Trot 5k Run/Walk will be held on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov 26 at 8:00am EST.
The race will begin at the River Centre/FitFuel Nutrition and end at Downtown Fitness & Running. Included in your registration is chip bib timing by To The Finish LLC, a long sleeve Brooks shirt guaranteed if registered by Friday, Nov 13, pre-race warmup by FitFuel Nutrition, digital swag bag, and coffee after the race.
Awards for overall and age group 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Join us in beautiful downtown Jasper for a fun family event to start your Thanksgiving festivities. Proceeds will be donated to Girls On The Run of Southwest Indiana.
· Registration will be capped at 250 participants
· Participants must wear masks or face covering until race begins. Because it will be cold outside, participants can use neck gaiters, scarves, bandanas, and masks to cover nose and mouth until the start, then remove it around neck or in pockets during running/walking. Participants will be asked to again cover their nose and mouth after crossing the finish line.
· No aid stations will be provided along the route. The course will be self-supported. Participants will be encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle for personal hydration.
· The race will be chip bib timed, so social distancing will be in place at the starting line because the bib doesn’t start recording the time until runner/walker crosses the timing mat, therefore no reason to crowd at the start line for take off.
· The starting line is hosted by FitFuel Nutriton and River Centre. All current COVID guidelines will be followed when participants are in these places of business.
· The finish line is hosted by Downtown Fitness & Running. Current business COVID procedures in place will be followed when inside business.
· Award ceremony at Downtown Fitness & Running, will be brief, masks must be worn, and social distance in place at all times.
· All volunteers, directors, and spectators must wear masks at all times and social distance when possible.
Events by Eventful