Start: Saturday, October 9, 2021 10:00AM
End: Saturday, October 9, 2021 6:00PM
The “Bridges Band & BBQ Bash” was the Largest BBQ event in the state of Texas in 2019. Over 280 professional BBQ Teams came in from all over the country competing for over $80,000 in prize money and points towards their national ranking. The event was a huge success, to put it conservatively, and all right here in Ellis County.
This years event will have:
- Texas State Championship BBQ Cook-Off (officiated by the International BBQ Cookers Association with over 75 teams from all over the nation competing for $10,000 in prize money)
- Live Music (“Kadie Lynn” New Female Vocalist of the Year" in 2017, East Texas Music Awards) (“Calamity Janes” 2017 New Band of the year 2017) and (a local favorite “The Haze”)
- Demonstrations by (Local Special Needs Cheer and Karate groups).
- Kid Zone (Bounce Houses, Games, Workshops, Face Painting, “The Creature Teacher” and Ellis County Batman and Friends) there will be Prize Giveaways as well. The entire event is not only kid friendly, inclusive and free.
- Cup Cake War (Specialty shops, Individuals and Culinary Arts High School Classes competing for $1,000.00 prize package while having their delectable treats tasted and judged by celebrity chefs from the food channel network)
- Silent Auctions (Concert Tickets, Theme Baskets of every kind, Airline Tickets and the list goes on)
- Wine Pull 250 Bottles of various wines, you win by pulling a cork with a number that corresponds to a specific bottle. (Spoiler alert - rumor has it there may be Dom Perignon)
- 50/50 Raffle we will be splitting the raffle money with the lucky winner.
- Raffle Prizes
This year we are expecting upwards of 3000 people to come out from all over the area to enjoy the event festivities. Learn more by visiting https://bridgestf.org/bridges-bands--bbq-bash.html and join us for a fun filled day of music, food and fun for the whole family while supporting this underserved population in our community.
It’s about focusing on the needs of every individual and ensuring the right conditions are in place for each person to achieve his or her full potential. Our goal is to elevate individuals with disabilities lives beyond limits and labels toward more independent living through education, encouragement, support and inclusion — one person, one family, one community at a time.
Have a Question About this Festival? Send Us an Email »