Start: Saturday, September 16, 2023 9:00AM
End: Saturday, September 30, 2023 4:00PM
Inspired by the art and characters of the beloved children's book author and illustrator, Mo Willems, this exhibit features familiar characters, including best friend duo Elephant and Piggie, faithful companion Knuffle Bunny, and The Pigeon, the wily city bird best known for his antics in Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
In the play-and-learn exhibit, visitors can:
- Have a hilarious conversation in the voices of Elephant Gerald and Piggie at a double-sided phone booth.
- Make Elephant and Piggie dance with old-time animation.
- Put on a wearable bus and take a drive around the exhibit.
- Spin the laundromat washing machine and uncover Knuffle Bunny and other surprises!
- Dress up Naked Mole Rat and send him down the runway for a one-of-a-kind fashion show.
- Stack lightweight blocks to create their own terrible monster or funny friend.
- Launch foam hot dogs at The Pigeon and play the plinko game to give the Duckling a cookie.
- Try out art techniques that Mo uses for his own books.
The Pigeon Comes to Phoenix! A Mo Willems Exhibit is free to explore with paid Children's Museum of Phoenix admission of $17.00 per person.
There are boundless opportunities to visit the whimsical world of Mo Willems because the Children's Museum of Phoenix will be open 7 days a week from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm throughout the entirety of the exhibit apart from Nov. 4th, Nov. 23rd, Dec. 24th and 25th, and Jan. 1st!
The Pigeon Comes to Phoenix! A Mo Willems Exhibit is co-organized by the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art. TM and © 2023 Hidden Pigeon, LLC.
Price: General Admission: USD 17.00
Date and Time: Saturday September 16, 2023 at 9:00 am to Sunday January 14, 2024 at 4:00 pm